Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Everyday

Weight: 332.2
Total loss: 17.8

Regular readers will notice that I spiffed up and personalized my layout a little bit yesterday! How exciting!

Well, surprisingly I don't have much to say today... my mind has been in a slight haze as the office bug that's been floating around finally caught up with me. But, rest assured dear readers, all is well on all fronts in radiosilents land, even if I am not being the most productive.

I was happy to see that I am back down to my lowest weight so far, after a one-day gain, the typical pesky fluctuation of unknown cause. I will not be happy, though, until I get below 330. While I am certainly meeting my monthly goal of 10 pounds per month (well, at least I did last month and I am well on my way this month and still have another week and a half: 7s to 7s), I still get anxious about how fast (or not fast) things are going.

Really, though, I would be pleased as punch if I kept up a steady 2 pound a week loss for the duration. I also thing that losing this way will give my body a chance to recover on the way, and maybe, just maybe I won't have really horrible stretched skin issues down the line. Anyway, it's not so bad looking at any given date down the line and saying, "Well, by the time November rolls around I could be right around 250 pounds if all goes well!"

GOALS
In addition to my 10 pound-a-month general goal, I have other goals mapped out for myself coming up. For instance, by my 38th birthday (just at the beginning of the second week of June), I want to be a few pounds under 300, well into the 290s never to see a 3 heading up the line on the scale again. I'm going to be in New York City that week, and I want to be in fairly decent shape to walk around a fair amount and not kill myself, too, another reason why I'd like to get as much as I can off by then.

As I said, it would be great to get to 250 by, say, Thanksgiving. 100 pounds lost by then! I think I can do that.

My ultimate goal, way down the line, of course, is 200 pounds lost, ending at 150 pounds, a weight I haven't seen since I was 19. I'd like to achieve that by my 40th birthday, which would give me more than a year and half to lose the final 100 pounds.

It's kind of mind-boggling to think that I am trying to do this. I have photos of myself when I was thin, or of a so-called "normal" size, but it's really hard for me to imagine that the body I have now could be transformed into some other form so completely different... but we'll see, won't we?

I can't wait.

No comments: