Friday, February 29, 2008

Feed a Cold?

Weight: 332.2
Total loss: 17.8 pounds

Ugh. I feel totally crappy. I've been home from work the past two days with my sinuses filled to the brim with snot, and now I am starting in on The Cough. Oh joy.

The funny thing is, when I am sick, a lot of times my appetite totally increases. I always hear from everyone else that they either lose their sense of taste/smell and/or the thoughtof eating is just not appealing. Not me! It figures that when I sick, eating makes me feel better. And it almost never happens that I lose my taste buds.

On top of all this, I am PMSing. That makes for a dangerous combination, methinks. So yesterday, we kind of had a cheat day. I got some pizza and some sweets (chocolate and gumdrops -- weird, huh?). I kept it at reasonable portions, at least as far as "treat days" go (more on those in another post), so I saw a marginal gain -- I was down to 331.6 yesterday, and up just about a half pound, which could be who knows what?

Today I had some of the leftovers, but I am still tracking my calories. I don't plan to go over today, either, but I have been eating junky foods. But really, who wants to eat a salad when they're sick? I want comfort food all the way.

*sigh* So anyway, it's been a rough past few days, hard to really keep up all the things I should be doing. But I'm into it. I mean, I am so close to the 320s now, and I wantto be there! Shoot, the other day I misspoke in a sort of sad way when I told C., "Hey, I am down to 131 now!" Obviously I meant to say 331, but that was an interesting Freudian slip.

I'm off to buy some nasal spray.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog on half of me and it is terrific. Good luck on everything you've set out to do. I am in a similar space.. 43 and have about 140 to lose. Your musings on money and weight were as if I had written them myself. You may just inspire me to actually start my own blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh..and I am a HUGE buddy holly fan!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Being sick sucks. Totally get you on the confort food! Sounds like you're being controlled about it though - knowing the calories really makes you think twice before eating something, doesn't it?
Anyway, hope you're better soon.

radiosilents said...

Sarah j,

I'm glad you are enjoying the blog so far. I really underestimated how helpful it would be for me to write in such a public way about what I am trying to do, and I am so glad that it is getting out there and being read.

I plan to be around for the long haul, and hope you will be, too.

I know, isn't Buddy Holly great?