Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Nice Day

Despite totally being unable to drag my ass out of bed this morning at first, the morning turned out lovely.

C. was already up for hours and watered the plants and gardens so I didn't have to do it. We had a nice chat before I headed out on what I thought would be just a short walk. I was feeling very sore and tired, and while I had the option of a total rest day, I really didn't want to rest. I wanted to get out and move around, so I compromised and said to myself that a 30-minute leisure walk would be the ticket. No pressure.

Har, har!

I got out there and felt tired, but once I was approaching my intended half-way mark (at 14 minutes or so in), I thought... well, I'm feeling OK now, why not just go another few minutes and make it 40 total? (I keep seeing those notes about how getting more than 30 minutes of exercise a day each week is really best, what, they're actually recommending an hour a day at least 5 times a week?) So I kept going. And then at that halfway mark I only had a little ways to go to a particular intersection that would probably bring the total walk to 50 minutes, so you guessed it! I walked for 50 minutes this morning, covering over 2.5 miles. It was very, very nice.

I am, however, glad that there is a 1.5 run on the schedule tomorrow and then Friday is my true REST day, hooray!

On top of that my weight continues to go back down gradually. It's fine. My ankles are becoming more shapely, and my stomach is getting squishier (whereas it used to be more solid and full-looking and feeling), so I'm happy. I feel really, really good today.

This is my fourth week of 5x exercise, and this week it will be 6x! I like this routine, it makes me feel very strong and confident.

*Pats self on back* You're doing good, kid.

4 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'll pat you on the back when your arm gets tired. :) Excellent progress with your exercise!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Woohoo! Great job! You get a gold star from me!

Boilergrad1993 said...

Congrats!! Keep up the great work..I can't wait until I get the nerve to start running. I can TOTALLY relate to your post. Some days it takes every ounce of strength I've got to get on the treadmill, and will try to think of ANY excuse not to. But ultimately I get on and after a few minutes I don't want to stop.

Anonymous said...

That's the stuff success is made of!! You have the tenacity and determination and the attitude. Keep it up girl you rock.