Tuesday, September 30, 2008

HYC Check-In: Back in the Game

Weight: 301.8
Total Weight loss: 48.2

I am happy to say that I started my exercise regimen again this morning -- in the dark, even! After writing yesterday's entry, I was truly inspired to motivate myself to JUST DO IT already. At some point one gets tired of sounding like a broken record or a lameass who is always saying that she will do x or y someday, but never does. So now, I no longer qualify as either one. Major points for myself, I'm not proud.

I decided to pick up again not with a running program, but with good old Hal Higdon's 10k walking program instead, giving myself the option of sprinkling each outing liberally with at-will periods of running. This morning prescribed a 30-minute walk, which I did. I managed to cover 1.72 miles, which is about a 17.25 mile pace. Not too shabby considering that I haven't been out in almost three weeks! I am so happy that I didn't lose all my fitness. If I keep it up, I'll be ahead of where I left off in no time.

The result on the scale this morning was also pleasing, and I really hope that I can get myself in the 200s again by the end of the week. My dad and stepmom will be visiting this weekend starting on Thursday, but I am sure I can still fit my regimen in.

The thing I really like about having taken a break from severe regulation is taking the focus off food in a negative way. Like, I have found that I can eat without having to count every calorie, or fret over it at all. Yes, I am mindful of what goes in my mouth, but it is no longer stressful or a big pain in the ass. I feel confident that I will continue to lose while eating like a "normal" person, that is, not doing the things I was just talking about. For me, this is key. Knowing that I can eat this way and not put on tons of weight this summer was practically a miracle. But now I know it really can be done.

I'm excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the restart! It sounds like you're really on point. Hope you get to the 200's by this week!

Boilergrad1993 said...

The 200's are knocking!! Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I look away for a cuple of days and look at you! Brilliant!