Monday, May 5, 2008

Totally Zonked!

Weight: 316.4
Total Weight loss: 33.6

Wow, I am really dragging today.

It was a good weekend, mostly. Saturday was a bit of a whirlwind, as I drove the 45 miles out to my mom's house to see my uncle, who was in town for the weekend, stayed for less than an hour, and drove back home in time to buy some groceries and pizzas for our Derby Day festivities.

I didn't end up getting drunk like I had planned. The bourbon C. bought was way too strong for my tastes these days, and I just couldn't down it, even with some Diet Pepsi splashed in. The Derby was fun to watch, until poor miss Eight Belles was put down after collapsing and breaking both front ankles. I had a good cry over that, and it colored the rest of the evening.

Sunday was good. I ended up working three hours in the yard and gardens, and jumped on my bike a couple times for teeny tiny rides. Wow, I did get a lot done, but I am paying for it today in spades -- every muscle in my body hurts like I haven't hurt since I was shoveling snow back in March. I was having so much fun that I guess I didn't notice how much work I was really doing. I You can imagine that I postponed Week 6 Day 1 of C25K until tomorrow. There was no way I was going to run today.

Happily, I sustained my loss over the weekend despite less than stellar eating habits, as I had planned. I still tracked what I ate, and drank plenty of water, and tried not to eat much once the evenings hit. That strategy seems to be helping a lot, so it's something I am going to continue. Easy, too.

More NSVs this morning: fitting back into old Victoria's Secret cotton undies (size XL), being able to wear a pair of Old Navy cords, size 24, that I don't think I ever had the chance to wear EVER, and wearing an old bra that still has plenty of life left, again something I hadn't been able to wear in a long time (the underwires are digging into my side a bit, though, ouch).

I have a feeling that I will be turning in very early tonight. *YAWN*

No comments: