Saturday, November 15, 2008

A GREAT Week!

Weight: 305.2
Total Weight loss: 44.8 pounds

All I can say is, holy cow. I stuck with it this week and lost 8 pounds since Monday! Talk about unusual and, well, fantastic!

I just want to say again that I didn't do anything unhealthy to achieve this. First, the weight I lost this week was also weight that had come on fairly quickly, too. Maybe I am totally off-base on this, but I really think "new" fat is easier to lose than "old" fat. Second, as I have said earlier this week, I simply ate within my limits -- which didn't mean that I had to deprive myself of much of anything, except gluttony. I still had satisfying meals and ate yummy food. I even had a few little chocolate every day. I just made sure to stay within or darn close to my daily caloric bounds. Third, I exercised for 30-60 minutes every day (except Monday) -- five days total. I went for my walk each morning and just focused on distance, not speed. I read somewhere recently that it's not how fast you go, it's how far you go. So that has been my goal. And I really stuck with it, feeling that it was absolutely key to my success this week (and hopefully next, and next...). Fourth, drank lots of water every single day, and finally: I reported to you here in this blog almost every day.

I am almost into my "safety" zone again, which is anything under 305 pounds (though preferably 303), and I am thrilled about that after feeling so despondent earlier in the week. I was so afraid that this was it, I was headed back into dangerous territory, never to be seen again. I just couldn't let that happen, not this time. Now, if anything, I have bought myself some cushion, but ultimately, I hope that this exercise in determination has brought me to the next leg of this journey, where I enter the 200s and stay there for a long while!

Momentum. I mentioned that word a few days ago, something I so desperately wanted to keep going. I had a great week, but there is no rest for the weary, is there? If I want to continue this success, I am going to have to keep doing what I have been doing. Sure, I won't lose eight pounds every week (and wouldn't want to), but I can keep myself headed in the right direction, bit by bit, until I reach my goal.

4 comments:

Kitzzy said...

Great job! I think you are right about the "new" fat being easy to lose. I think it is probably water weight because when we eat crappy we usually end up having more sodium which causes water retention. I am so proud of you for sticking with it this week and seeing these amazing results!

Komadori said...

YAY! Back on board, baby! Good to see you're putting pedal to the metal. :)

Just keep at it. You are doin' it! Show that body who's boss! YEAH!

Komadori said...

I just came back to say, I am SO proud of you! I wanted to share some tips I picked up on a body building forum I'm on, if it's alright?

Try to boost your metabolism by doing smaller, but more frequent meals. Also, you know how people say it's important to have breakfast? It is! But what they neglect to mention is that it really gets the bang into the buck for your metabolism, if you have breakfast within 45 minutes of waking up! Eek!

So I have the same thing for breakfast every day, if I can: oatmeal and a 2-egg omlette. (I'm out of both, now, so I will have to make a morning run to the store. Blech!)

The water is such a great thing, too. I need to up my water. I've been bad about that. *^_^*

Take care! Keep up the good work! xx

Stacie said...

Congrats on the great loss! It's it amazing how if you just stick to the plan, that things work a whole lot better? I have to remind myself of that way too often.

Keep up the great work!