Sunday, March 23, 2008

One Month of The Forty Project

Weight: 326.4
Total Weight loss: 23.6


Yesterday was my one-month anniversary of blogging here at The Forty Project, and I didn't even realize it. So, happy late monthaversary to me! I'm clearly headed on the downward slope on the scale again, so yay.

This blog has really helped to keep me focused on my goals and acts as a constant reminder of why what I am doing is important, and shows me how far I am coming along. In the past month alone (plus the month and a half before I started documenting things here), I have made much progress, even if it's in ways that I can't easily describe to you in words. But here, I will try:

• I haven't given up, even when it's been rough
• I have money left over in my bank account when a new paycheck comes in
• I've started exercising
• I'm learning to take emotions out of the equation (this is REALLY important)
• I can wear pants I haven't been able to for months now
• I have a much more positive outlook on my future and life in general
• I feel like I can achieve just about anything I set my mind to (and write down)

I'm sure there is more, but these are the things that seemed glaring to me. Suffice it to say, I am very proud of myself indeed.

Today has been a fairly lazy one. We don't celebrate Easter, so it's just another day, really. I woke up at around 8am, and since both of us were hungry, we decided to have lunch super early. We ate our main meal around 10am (peanut butter chicken stir-fry, which is a rather high-ticket item), and by 11:30 I was ready for a nap – I slept until almost 3pm! I guess I really needed the rest. I'll be tackling day 2 of week 1 on the Couch to 5K plan later today, and hope I do OK. My body is actually pretty sore from the past two days' exercise. I did day 1 the other day, and yesterday, I just plain walked a mile and a half through my lovely neighborhood when I probably should have just allowed myself to rest, being new to exercise again and all. Well, lesson learned perhaps, we'll see how it goes later and if I make it through my little "run", er, walk and jog. I'm skeptical, but I'm giving it the college try.

Yours in clever salutations,

r.

3 comments:

Bella said...

Congratulations on your 1st month toward weight loss and financial success! I've really enjoyed reading your blog.

Erin said...

I think your first month sounds great! Way to go. :)

Anonymous said...

you're doing so well - you are my inspiration now!