Friday, March 21, 2008

Transitions

Weight: 328.0
Total weight lost: 22 pounds

My scale was being uncooperative this morning, but I finally wrestled it into doing its job (and I think it is time for a Tanita soon; Homedics doesn't rate high in my book now!), showing the most miniscule loss, but a loss nonetheless. My Physics Diet graph has been tipping red the past few days, and hopefully I can get back in the green soon.

One thing I did notice, though, was that at the same week of last month, I had a very small average loss (about a half pound), too. So I am really going to chalk it up to female stuff screwing me over one or two weeks a month, for now, because I've been tracking food and staying honest. I don't know what else to do.

...Except. Exercise. I'm going to start a regular program today. And I am pretty excited about it. I'll be attempting the Couch to 5K running plan, which I think I have mentioned here in the past. Well, today, I'm going for it.

I won't deny that I am a little scared and apprehensive. But I've been getting a lot of inspiration from people over at LiveJournal (users "phrassie" and "grant_me_wings", to be specific), and it's just time to shake things up a bit (least of all my boobs and belly fat, har!), and finally get moving.

I also want to find my hand weights and start doing some toning exercises. And pilates. I do. (This is the part where I go and do that, except that I'm sitting at my desk at work. I'll tell you what happened later.)

Anyway, I am so pleased with myself for not throwing in the towel just because I've hit a bit of a rut. This is a pretty big thing for me. It seems I've been having those lately -- another big thing (and the thing that has resulted in all the stress I've been putting myself through lately) is that I am no longer working for a wage that is a compromise on my part. Long story short: I applied for a new job, got a new job, gave notice at my current job, and got a nice counteroffer that made me feel really good about what I do and the company I work for, and decided to stay. This all happened in the past few weeks, and especially this past week was frazzling, believe me. But I feel that I have arrived, in a sense. I no longer feel like I am play-acting at what I do. I am being taken seriously and viewed as a valuable member of a team.

(God, that sounds so cheesy, but it's true. I feel like a million bucks today, now that it's all over and done with. You know -- Hey! I'm a contender!)

I can't help but think that that's going to have a really positive impact on what I am doing for myself health-wise, too. Not to mention my bank account.

Speaking of which... I still have not been as active as I should in taking care of my finances. And I really need to! There are some big things I really want/need to take care of in the next couple weeks, and not sure how I am going to do it. One, pay off my car (about $750.00) by the end of the month, or it's going to collections. Hey, at least it's not getting towed, but I'd really rather not have it go into the black hole of collections and crap. Also, I slipped up, really stupid, and didn't make my payment on the electric bill like I was supposed to, after having fixed everything up and arranged a payment plan and everything. All because I "forgot" -- well, I did. I think I really need to start having them send me paper bills again instead of via email, because the emailed ones really get lost in the shuffle. I guess part of me is kind of old-fashioned and likes to have the bills to fondle and write on and file away. Aw! How cute.

I wonder what sort of genius plan I can hatch for those things. Number one is calling the electric company (again) and begging for forgiveness, and then really follow up and make regular payments! Number two, finding an extra several hundred dollars, and fast. We'll see.

In summary, things are looking up, but I still have a LOT of work to do. How are you?

Knee-deep in bills and snow,

r.

No comments: