Tuesday, July 22, 2008

HYC Check-In: Back on Track

Breathe a sigh of relief. I'm no longer in panic mode.

I had a good, clean eating day yesterday. Lots of fruit and veggies, reasonable calorie intake, but also totally satisfied throughout the day. It felt good, to be more structured again. I'm aiming for that today again, too.

This morning I ran my best time ever! It was Week 1 Day 1 of Hal Higdon's 5K for Novices, which is a 1.5-mile run, and it was awesome. I felt pretty darned good the whole time, and I could just tell that my pace had improved. Turns out I was doing a 16:30 pace, which is my fastest yet. Quite an improvement from 18 and 19 minute miles!

I think my goals for the rest of the week are to just continue to eat as cleanly as possible, and log my food; and complete the first week of running training successfully, which includes three runs, and three walks. Totally doable, and something to look forward to in the end -- certain progress!

And I must say once again that the power of positive, supportive comments from my readers, and reading my favorite blogs really, really keeps me going. You can't underestimate the importance of those things, by the wisdom and success of those reaching for similar goals. You all rock!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

No, no, you rock! And you know it!

Felicia said...

CONGRATS!! You are doing GREAT!! Keep it up! One day at a time!!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!
*huggles*
=0)

Kate said...

This community has been great :) Congrats on being back on track!


~Kate
Fabulous@50

K @ Running Through Life said...

Congrats on all that you have accomplished! And I agree, the blogging community is a great motivator for me! Congrats also on running and shaving off minutes! Awesome!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

wow, you're clicking on all fronts! Way to go!

Michelle said...

Yay! That's much better :) Glad you've got your fire back. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Bella said...

Your progress is really impressive, as is your renewed attitude. Keep up the positive thinking!