Monday, July 28, 2008

What Minus 50 Pounds Looks Like

(Edited a bit since my original post to include older photos and more commentary.)

Here's a photo from sometime in the fall of 2006, when I must have weighed close to 350... I had stopped wanting to know by then. I looked like I was pregnant, my stomach was so bulbous! I was in grad school for art so I had a nice haircut and dye job, cos, you know... artsy fartsy and all... ;)


OK, well, I didn't start taking progress photos until 20 pounds in, this is technically what my last 30 pounds or so looks like. Anyway... quite a difference, I think! I see the most difference in my width, especially through the arms. In the first two photos I am wearing size 26 pants (tight, then loose), and in the third I've got my size 24s, which fit nicely. (Not for long, though!) And look at my hair! It's grown like a damn weed. ;)

And, from dates as marked:





Here is a face shot from back in January, when I started. You can see how I use my hair to hide sometimes... I have a lot of these photos where it is so obvious I am trying to hide how fat my face had gotten:


And here, subsequent shots:

10 comments:

Ruthie said...

wow you look GREAT!
look at how your smile has changed! so much more "smile" in your last photo :) :) .. it says it all!

you are so inspiring! thanks for sharing your photos!

hope your day is fantastic!

blessings
ruthie

Megan said...

WOW. That's incredible. Congratulations!

Kitzzy said...

This is awesome. You look fantastic! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 50lbs gone! Your pictures look great -- I can really see the difference in the last set. It must feel great :)

Anonymous said...

*wild applause*

Liz said...

You're looking great! Congrats on the loss - two milestones in one: down 50 and under 300!!! WOOHOO! Keep up the hard work!

-Liz
(the_evil_olive on LJ)

Anonymous said...

WOW!

You look so great in photos.

BTW you don't look like you are approaching 40 at all!

Boilergrad1993 said...

WOW...What great photos!! Makes me want to get back on the treadmill and I just got off an hour ago!!

Bella said...

The smile you have in your current pictures says it all. Congrats on your weight loss. I just hit my 50 pounds lost today. Yeah us!

Congrats!!!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Way to go. That's some fantastic progress.